Did You Know?
“The World Health Organization estimates that over 800,000 people die by suicide each year – that’s one person every 40 seconds.”
This event is promoted worldwide to take action on preventing suicide. This is done by running various events and activities. By doing so we can raise awareness of the seriousness of suicide and how it CAN be prevented. This event gives everyone a chance to make a difference. Many organisations, governments and individuals get involved in World Suicide Prevention Day and so can you! Below is a list of tasks you can do to take part in this important event.
Events and Activities for WSPD
- Open days, Conferences, lectures and seminars
- Government initiatives
- Remembrance for those who died from suicide
- Events and Fairs
- Media shows
- Publications about suicide
- Courses about suicide and how to prevent it
- Support groups those mentally ill
- Community support for families who have lost someone due to suicide
- Raising awareness of charities supporting suicide e.g. PAPYRUS Charity
Share our infographic below on suicide prevention and help us raise awareness. #worldsuicidepreventionday #GiveyHQSupports