When it comes to doing the best for you’re charity, what comes to mind?
Well, of course lots of donations, supporters and awareness about your cause. However, to achieve this there are a lot of ‘back-end’ jobs that need to be done to produce these successful results.
One being, a charity BLOG on your website. We all know how vital social media is when running any type of organisation. Within this, a blog is very much a strong contender in social media. Having a charity blog gives you the opportunity to showcase a variety of topics to your fundraisers, donors, business partners etc. So, today I wanted to share with you some points on why a charity should have a blog.
- Gives you the chance to build a community around your charity website
- To build a loyal group of supporters
- Helps spread awareness about your cause
- Gives you room to manoeuvre unlike twitter/facebook
- Gives you the opportunity to go in to detail about your topic of discussion
- Gives you more space to promote your charity and cause
- You can categories your important topics e.g. fundraising, charity community, the cause
- Gives you the chance to show your personality about your cause and charity by choosing the tone you want to use
- You can post what you want, when you want and cater it around current trends, fundraisers, campaigns etc.
- You can communicate your blog article via your social media management tool, therefore saving you more time to write some more amazing blog articles!
- Lastly, you can add as many keywords and weblinks, including a CTA button on every article